Customizing Core Sales Reports In ERPNext
What is a Sales Report?
A Sales Report is a document that provides a summary of the company’s sales activities and performance over a specific period of time. These are crucial for businesses of all sizes, as they provide valuable insights into sales trends, customer behaviour and revenue growth for better decision making.
Customizing a Sales Report
Businesses may choose to customize it’s sales report for the following reasons:
1. To keep it relevant to their needs and requirements
2. To focus on the key metrics
3. To get industry-specific insights
4. To track and adapt Sales Strategies
5. For Targeted Decision Making
6. To Align with the Changing needs
To Learn More about ERPNext and stay up to date with our latest blogs, subscribe now.
Customizing a Core Sales Report in ERPNext
In ERPNext, creating custom reports can provide valuable insights into your business data. Our step-by-step guide will walk you through the process of Customizing the Core Sales Report in ERPNext.
1. Create Custom App Using this Command.
bench new-app custom_sales_report
2. Install Newly Created Custom app.
bench –site yoursitename install-app custom_sales_report
3. Now Open your site in Browser and Search For Report List Menu.
4. From Report List Open Sales Order Analysis Report.
5. In the Sale Order Analysis Report, Set the following Parameter.
a. Is Standard = Yes
b. Module = Select Your Custom App name(newly created)
Then Save Record.
6. After Saving Sale Order Analysis Report, it’ll create a report directory in your app and inside that it’ll create sales_order_analysis folder.
7. Inside the sales_order_analysis folder there will be the following Files.
8. Now Copy sales_order_analysis.js code from selling app, from this path apps/erpnext/erpnext/selling/report/sales_order_analysis/sales_order_analysis.js
After Copy all code you can add or remove filters in the js file as per your requirements.
9. Now Copy sales_order_analysis.js code from selling app, from this path apps/erpnext/erpnext/selling/report/sales_order_analysis/sales_order_analysis.py
After Copy all code you can add or remove logic as per your requirements.
By following these steps, you can create a Custom Sales Report.
Watch our Video for More Details
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published.